If you have a motorcycle then the importance of finding a top company for suspension servicing cannot be underestimated. The suspension is arguably the most important component of your motorcycle. If it is damaged or has not received frequent servicing, your bike will be compromised because the handling will be poor and the ride will certainly not be smooth either. Thus, keep reading to discover some top tips regarding how to find suspension servicing in the UK of the very highest standard.
- Experience – You want to be safe in the knowledge that your motorcycle is going to be in the hands of professionals who have vast experience in the industry. After all, do you really want your motorcycle to be in the hands of someone who is going to utilise it as a practise project? The likely answer to that is a resounding no! The best companies are those that are made up of individuals with experience in the racing and engineering side of things. This provides the perfect balance.
- Thorough Service – The next thing you need to check is what the suspension servicing actually entails. You should make sure that they strip everything down and check for any damage or wear and tear. There is nothing worse than an incomplete service.
- Best Products – You need to ensure that the company only uses the best products and equipment. They shouldn’t take any shortcuts. If poor quality products are utilised then you are only going to increase your chances of suspension issues in the future. From greases to lubricants, high quality is essential to ensure that the smoothest and plushest ride is guaranteed.
- Reputation – It is always a good idea to read reviews that have been left by previous customers. This is the best way to get an honest assessment of the company’s suspension service. After all, if individuals have experienced a poor quality service then you can rest assured that they will have taken to the internet in order to express their dissatisfaction.
- Cost – Of course nobody wants to have to break the bank in order to benefit from a regular suspension service. However you definitely shouldn’t go for the cheapest deal you find. After all, this is going to conflict with the points regarding thorough services and the best products. There is no way these will be provided if the cost is extremely low. You should be looking in the price range of £65.00 to £85.00. This is based on you providing the company with the forks and the shocks loose. If you want them to remove the parts, then you can expect to pay more.
To conclude, whenever you are looking for a quality suspension servicing you should bear these five important points in mind. This will increase your chances of finding the best company for the job. Don’t underestimate how important this is. A damaged suspension not only seriously compromises the quality of your motorcycle, but it compromises your safety as well. Regular quality suspension servicing ensures this does not happen to you.
Sharon Wayne is a freelance content writer who runs a website dedicated to motorsports. The site is filled with a variation of different articles ranging from how to find suspension servicing in the UK to the best motorcycle parts of 2013.